We all know the damages of having low self-esteem and how it can limit one’s ability to develop and maintain relationships; personally and professionally. Our feelings of self-worth and how we perceive ourselves can greatly impact us throughout our lives.
- Engage in Positive Self-Talk – If you want positive results, talk positively to yourself. If you are self-critical and negative, you may set yourself up for failure. Replace doubts and negative thoughts with positive, uplifting and encouraging thoughts.
- Visualize – Picture what you want in life. Visualize the success you want to achieve. Remove your feelings of anxiousness, nervousness and failure. Keep visualizing until your vision becomes tangible.
- Reframe – Try to look at experiences and events, especially those that can cause you to lose self-esteem, from a different point of view. Keep the larger picture in mind, rather than focusing on one isolated negative incident.
- Develop Honest Relationships – Cultivate friends in whom you can confide and who will give you honest feedback for improving your skills and abilities. Accept the feedback given in the spirit of enhancing your self-esteem and making yourself a wiser, better person.
- Surround Yourself with Positive People – Associating with people with high self-esteem can help you boost your own self-esteem and develop a more positive outlook.
- Lose Your Baggage – Dump your psychological and experiential baggage from the past. Work to move beyond the negatives of your past, so that you can focus on the present and relieve your self-esteem of the burden of things you cannot change.
Now it is your turn to turn these 6 strategies into 6 habits!